Willows whiten, aspens quiver, Little breezes dusk and shiver

I'm now one year older. To celebrate E took me to the J.W Waterhouse Exhibition here in London at the Royal Academy of Art.

Waterhouse is my favourite artist, he brought so many myths and poems to life for me in beautiful and unexpected ways. Sometimes when looking at some of his works (like a Mermaid below) I find it hard not to be swept away and fall into that mythical realm. I'm lucky that Tate Britain is the home to one of his most prolicfic works "The lady of Shallot (on a boat)" (1888)

Much to my dissapointment the painting I wanted to see the most "Ophelia (by the pond)" (1894) was not on display as its in a private collection, which is a real shame as I really believe art should be shared. Maybe one day I'll get to see the real this but for now this will have to do for me and everyone else.

Comments

  1. Belated HP and for being one year wiser too!

    Great art - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Renny! Its always fun to be older not sure about wiser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god, I missed your birthday! Happy belated birthday! Sounds like fun though, seeing your favourite artist. Very beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday from me too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

13. Gelateria 3BIS

How you define yourself