Proud Bookworm!



Well who isn't a bookworm?

I've been tagged by my fellow book lover and Blogger Michelle who I worked with in a Bookshop a few years ago. We spent many an afternoon comparing books tastes - dying for new things to be printed and dressing up in as sorts (witches, angles, cats, pyjamas...) for almost any event we could think of. All with horrible instant coffee, staff pick cards and paperbacks/comic books in hand.

Right now to the tag...

Rules: Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 46. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences. The closest book, not the coolest, or the one you think will sound the best. THE CLOSEST.
Well my nearest books is Tales from Earthsea (a collection of short stories set between Tehanu and The Other Wind) as I'm re-reading all my Ursula Le Guin books. She rocks and Earthsea is one of my many fiction hideaways.

Here goes page 46...

He ran down from the straggle of huts to the quick, noisy stream he had heard singing through his sleep all the nights in Woodedge. He prayed to it. "Take me and save me", he asked it. He made the spell the old Changer had taught him long go, and said the word of transformation. Then no man knelt by the loud-running water, but an otter slipped into it and was gone.

I don't like to tag people anymore but if you do this please please let me know I'd really like to see what everyone who drops by is reading.

SF

Comments

  1. I really do miss those days. Now, I find myself meeting more and more people who tell me things like 'oh I don't get a chance to read' or 'I'm not much of a reader' and I want to shake them just that little bit and hand them a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a Bookworm, more likely a Networm :-)

    Wishing you a great end to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read flash fiction on the internet (SmokeLong Quarterly, NanoFiction, Wigleaf) and novels from cover to cover in the comfort of my reading chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read Earthsea. I think I actually have a copy floating around here somewhere...

    My word verification is 'puntish.' That sounds like a real word doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

13. Gelateria 3BIS

How you define yourself