04/02/2008

I'm giving up Me for Mii

There is a new thing in my life, I never expected it, at first I resisted. I came up with a million reasons not to but its allure was too strong to deny. Yes that's right I've fallen prey to the Wii.
I never had a games console of my own, my 286 PC back in the day could only handle Space Invaders and if I was lucky a DOS game called Crystal Caves. Occasionally I'd visit a friend or cousin and play something like Sonic or Prince of Persia but until E came into my life with his PS2 I never really got the whole gaming thing. Even then I was so awful that it never took hold. Until now. Like thousands before me I've been suckered in and now look forward to holding that WiiMote in my hand for hours on end.  First it was Wii Sport, now the word Sport and Shadow never ever went together the only sport I like is Ice Hockey and I'm purely a spectator. We can blame School Physical Education for my hate of anything sporty but I'll save that one for therapy, if
 I ever need to go. I tried to go for a run once, I think I had a heart attack instead. Imagine my surprise I find I could hit a golf ball and kick ass boxing!
Then we got Link Crossbow trainning and now I'll never look back...At least I'm exercising right?

13 comments:

  1. Sounds really cool :) I am not into all those gaming thing too....I'm too slow in catching up with the latest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound like me... I could never get the gaming thing till I met Stiff and his PS2 I played a bit of motal combat and a bit of tekken the came the PS3 and Oblivion and I was hooooooooked. so much so that I played for 24 hours straight. now I am onto the PC and strat games

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was super sore from bowling when i first got it. i do wish the wii would output HD video. that and I wish i had more time to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh.. I'm jealous, I want a wii!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not an owner but yet still a sucker for the wii. I need to become one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness I love my boyfriend's Wii. I play it all the time. It's so addicting. You have to play Resident Evil the Umbrella chronicles. That will scare the crap out of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woow, looks and sounds exciting and I do understand your addicted already. I would have loved to try, but find it hard to get time for it. Work and blogging and stuff you know :-)

    Wishing you a great end to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds cool! I'd better not get one, as who knows when I'll find time to do anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly, my age, is it a warning or inivitation?

    btw. U know I I love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know the feeling... When my kids aren't looking I play with their video games.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, have fun Shadow-and what good exercising it must be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. just here to wish you a wonderful weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have fallen so far under the spell of Guitar Hero that I'm afraid to get the Wii.

    ReplyDelete