When Emu's Attack!

We went to a bird sanctuary the other day, all was well then disaster struck. Picture for me if you will the scene in Jurassic Park when the two kids are stalked by the blood thirsty Velosoraptor and you might come close to the events that unfolded.

There we, innocently taking pictures and enjoying the bright August day when we go through a gate and there he is - a 7 foot tall angry emu.

His feathers all ruffled and up in the air, a deep groaning noise coming from within and his dinosaur feet rapidly closing in on us. Now I'm sure E saw an emu, what I saw was the claws on the birds feet capable of disemboweling a human!

I don't know who was the first to break but we did the only sensible thing, we ran back through the gate and waited for more tasty victim to lure him away.

Of course we tried to take a few photos through the gate but it seemed to enrage him even more, we backed away slowly and made our way down to the perfectly cordial saltwater crocodile.

(Please note I did have a nice pic of an Emu before but I think the person who took the photo got upset, it has since been replaced by this photo, that I did manage to take while running from the scary bird hence the shaky camera)

Comments

  1. Oh Wah! Glad you are ok but he looks gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. that thing does look a bit intimidating

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God! I tried taking photos of an emu at a local farm and he got really pissed too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful shot, though...Says everything, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds and looks scaring! I remember when I was in Perth 10 years ago, we met an emu on the road right in front of us - blowing the horn made it even more furious so we sat in the car for 5 minute before it went away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same thing happen to me with an ostrich. Standing near a fenceline, waiting for my wife to snap a picture, the ostrich ran up behind me and almost got me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whahahahaha....o sorry chicky....I usually laugh at things like that:(
    happy your ok:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So are you suggesting saltwater crocs are safer than Emu's?

    Have to admit I am not a fan, they are scary and your really good pic sums it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow...lol...not funny but funny!
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great photo-its really a nice one-I would be scared of emus....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chocking - these birds can be really dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  12. If it'd been me, I'd still be running! Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are funny looking birds. Amusing post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry but I never said this image was mine, I was far too scared of the horrible emu to get a decent pic so hot linked a decent one.

    I'll change it now if it upsets you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

13. Gelateria 3BIS

How you define yourself