Monday, Monday...lalalala

It is my last week at work! (Well before I go freelance for a little while that is). Even though I'll be giving up the office and technically still working for company I get scream "Free at last, Free at last!" on Friday. I'm also running off to Paris for a few days the second I get out of here, to really bring home the having time to do anything factor.

There are certain colleagues I'm really going to miss and wish I could pack into my suitcase with me, in fact I still miss my colleagues from the Bookshop (even though it was years ago!) but they were more friends then work people anyway. I only had that sort of relationship with 2 people in this job. I might be thrilled to leave but I think, a tiny bit of me is sad. I'm sure that will melt away really quickly though once I'm away from my desk and the morning lull dies away.

It is funny though, once you get what you want it hard to be entirely happy cos of all the things you forgot you liked...

Comments

  1. Well I hope you have loads of fun while the rest of us work at our desks which is by the way cluttered with papers to read =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy it!!!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun and post some pics plz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were a couple times when I left a job, I actually hung out with my ex-co-workers more than when I was working with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paris sounds good, as does leaving your job to go freelance. There will always be other jobs, other colleagues to work with and other friends to make. I love new beginnings :-)

    Have a fun, fun time in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in Paris! I hear the airshow is amazing (if it's still going on next week)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! Tell us about Paris coffee shops if you get the chance....:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww what a cute cartoon! Hope you have a great last week and people weep when you go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm, maybe you could pack me in your suitcase so I could run off to Paris too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I envy you no end! Funny cartoon too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems I won't be doing much travelling abroad, especially with the log jam of passport requests. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss my old work friends too....have a good one chicky:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ALmost time for the farewell lunch, just 24 huors to Paris, thanks for all the well wishes guys!

    p.s I do like NIN will have to get then new album cos WithTeeth was wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so brutally right - it's a freedom but also a loss.

    Bring with you the positive you have learned and then continue with YOU - beeing YOU.

    Love your blog.

    have a great time in Paris;))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey thanks for the update and hope you have a great time in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, you will enjoy your new life! and enjoy Paris-the last time I was there, the gang kids by Notre Dame bumping into you with a peice of cardboard while another was trying to pickpocket you, the people who urinate, along with their dogs defecating right on the street- but other than that, the sights are great and the outdoor cafes relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with SQT, I think we could both fit in your suitcase for Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...what an exciting new adventure...All the best to you!
    Enjoy Paree!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

13. Gelateria 3BIS

How you define yourself