26/06/2007

Le Vie en Rose

Hi All, Friday started at work, saying goodbye to colleagues and friends, it was raining which suited my mood before I knew it I was on the Eurostar speeding towards Paris.

I've been to Paris several times of the past 10 years or more and each time I discover something new. E had only ever been for a day trip once, so I was looking forward to showing him the highlights of the city. The fantastic Architecture that screams history, the coffee shops every three feet full of people just taking life easy and the yummy food (providing you have money).

Our Hotel was right on top of Concorde so we couldn't be more central if we tried, which meant we did a hell of a lot of walking and now I'm a tad footsore but it was well worth it. If you only get one day in Paris, take a tour around the city and see the usual sites, The Effiel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre-Dame, Sacré Coeur etc but whatever you do make sure you go to Musee d'Orsay despite what the books tell you, this is the best museum in Paris. Enough of me ranting I can never be bothered to retell the holiday word for word, here are some of the pics E took...








14 comments:

  1. Glad you got see to enjoy the life and art there. These are some very really good photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice photos, glad you had a nice time - can you believe I've NEVER been to Paris?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Great pics...I love the last one tho!
    Have fun!!!!
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. B&W photos are interesting, but is there any reason why they aren't in color?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think E just like all the black and white, he took a few colour one in Notre Dame. Michelle you'd love paris but rbing comfy shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an excited guided trip through a beautiful capital in Europe. I've been there a couple of times - thanks for taking me down the memory lane.

    Great pics - The statues was wonderfully captured:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paris is the BEST! These are wonderful photos. Have you taken any at night? The City of Lights is spectacular at night. Use a tripod if you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won't being going anywhere in a long long time, until the passport mess in the States is sorted out. Nice pics. Sounds like you had some good R & R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos!! Oh it makes me homesick - being able to pop over to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa. Years ago, I picked up a lovely B&W framed photo at a thrift store. It's the same building as your 4th one from the bottom. I had no idea! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do agree, when in Paris, stay central and walk from one site to another. Even though you might be soarfooted. It's nothing better than walk in Rue's and Avenue's and feel the Parisien atmosphere.

    Excellent photos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arghhhh...I wanna be there...I wannnnn.........t to be there again pal :D

    Lovely shot, enjoy & shop till you drop ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pictures are fantastic! Well done. I agree that the Musee d'Orsay is stunning. Definitely my favourite museum in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I added you today. I have to keep coming back for your photos!

    ReplyDelete