21/05/2007

We are off to see the Wizard...

E and I are moving to Australia for a year maybe more. Only a few weeks to go before we make the big move in July. First we've got to pack up and move out of our flat and ship all my books (as if I'd go anywhere without them) and live with my folks for two weeks before jumping on a plane and getting out of here.

Sounds easy, but it is not going to be. I should have adopted a minimalistic life style and then packing would be easier but it is too late now.

I'm really looking forward to the move, in some ways I wish I could go today and all my stuff would magically follow me there. Just the idea of it, the great weather, the lifestyle etc. On others days I'm wondering what I'll do with no friends out there or family. I mean we have E's family but it'll be strange being so far away from my parents and the whole Bengali culture. It isn't like when your a kid and you go to school and make new friends, things are different when your an adult - I mean how do you talk to a stranger without seeming like a lunatic?

I'm used to having second of my day booked with things to do and billion people around all the time. Will I go insane with the quiet or will I love it...I don't know. Then there is work, I've spent the past few year working my way up in publishing but now it might not count for anything. I mean I'm bored of my job but I know its going somewhere.

I look at a few of my friends Nick, Michelle and T who have moved away from home and they seem really happy, lets hope it works out for the best...

Oh by the way your not off the hook, I'll still keep blogging from downunder.

17 comments:

  1. I don’t think making friends would be more difficult than it is here because people seemed a lot my friendly and approachable when I was there. I am sure you days would be filled with lots fun and other social events, you could even get a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move. I've done it three times. It gets harder and harder to make new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a big decision! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderfully exciting for you! keep blogging so we know what's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woom, to go down under is a long way and also far away from Norway:-) Glad you'll keep blogging though, so we still can visit each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a big move. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it sounds exiting. And I am sure you will find your niche. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds great though. I would be intimidated at finding new friends too, but I would still go just for the experience. I bet you're going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey have you decided to move after your last trip? Wish you luck and keep us posted about your progress pal :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...and to think I made such a small move with my blog. Click above and you'll see where I am. After one year (354 postings), I've decided to ease back on blog writing and concentrate my efforts on the short story artform. Congrats on the move; I've always wanted to see Australia. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. living in australia for a year? How exciting!!!! You must write about how it is!! Don't forget pictures too! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, how exciting. I thought my move was hard, and I only went a few hundred miles. :) I know you'll do well. And you'll have to tell all about Australia. I've never been but very much want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that must have been a difficult decision, but one I'm sure you spent a lot of time on. good luck with it all and in a couple of weeks we will both be blogging from other parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure you will meet many blogger friends, not only in cyberspace, but also in flesh and blood down under.

    We all will follow you in your new life. With your ability to write, it could be a great book out of the first year.

    I have never moved that far away. My youngest son did leave Norway and went over to USA, where he is married and have a good job. And my daughter also now works in USA, and might move to Asia early next year.
    But thanks to Internet we are not that far away these days...

    Wish you both the very best;)


    PS. I'll tag you. Alexia's Train of love

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow
    moving all the way down under, that's cool, sounds like an adventure!
    sounds like you've got a lot to sort out before you head out

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhhh! How exciting for you! I hope you'll keep us apprised of yer kangaroo adventures!

    As for blogging, just think, you can take some old friends with you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting!! I'm sure you'll have a great time, with all the new people, sights, experiences to take in, you won't have time to get bored. And if you do get a bit homesick, that's what the internet is for - all you need is a PC with a sound card and a camera, and the distance will evaporate as if by magic :-)
    Can I come too?

    ReplyDelete