Plana--er-ium

We had another Bank Holiday in the UK, for me this means loads of running around but I did manage to fit in a visit to the new Planetarium in London over at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich. A few of you might remember that I was very upset when then closed down the old one at Baker Street (to turn it into some celebrity worship dome ugk), I still think its a shame but the new one does have its charms.

As long as I can remember I've been fascinated by the stars, I learned all the constellations when I was a kid and often spend summer evenings in the garden straining my eyes to see them. The first time I really saw the heavens in all its glory was on a trip to Bangladesh at the age of 11. We were out in my dad's village, using only moonlight to illuminate the place (as they didn't have electricity yet) and the first night when the sun set I couldn't believe the sheer beauty of the night. More stars then I could imagine, so bright and wondrous that I've never forgotten the sight. I think I stared almost all night until sleep finally got me - my cousins didn't understand the fascination and began to believe that we didn't have stars in the UK!

When we came back my dad bought me a telescope, it wasn't good for much except looking at the moon but I loved it nonetheless and its still hiding in my room. The Planetarium to me is like walking in the stars - almost able to touch them.


TAGGED -
I've been Tagged by Toraa to join the Aleixia train of love

“~Start Copying Here~” and copy all the things listed without removing the links (Of course, the train would be no use without those links).

Move all the sites labeled “Enjoyable finds” to the list labeled “Oldies”.

Add 5 sites that you want to include in the train under Enjoyable Finds and make their “Visit My Site” link like this: http://redirect.alexa.com/redirect? along with this add the url of the blog you are choosing.

Example: http://redirect.alexa.com/redirect?lifecruiser.com (This is my blog that I’m using as the example)

Then invite them to join the train.

Visit all the listed sites using the “Visit My Site” link. (I hope the blogs I have chosen will participate. I would appreciate it bunches if you do and please let me know if you have :-).

Make sure to go to Alexa and see your blog rankings :-).

Enjoyable finds:

Michelle ~ visit my place

Mist ~ visit my place
Studio 23 ~ visit my place
JR Thumbprints ~ visit my place
Shiok! ~ visit my place

Oldies:

Ghee ~ visit my site
Lime ~ visit my place
Suzann ~ visit my place
Clarissa ~ visit my place
Shadow-Falcon ~ visit my place
Joy-of-Six ~ visit my place

TorAa Mirror ~ visit my site!
RennyBA’s Terella ~ visit my site!
Coffe 2 go ~ visit my site!
maremagnum ~ visit my site!
Tricia’s Musings ~ visit my site!
aka R’acquel ~ visit my site!
Fruit Of The Spirit ~ visit my site!
Hootin’ Anni ~ visit my site!
Irish Church Lady ~ visit my site!
lazaza83 ~ visit my site!
Soul Glo ~ visit my site!
Sword Girl ~ visit my site!
Frolicsome Kid ~ visit my site!
Dackel Princess ~ visit my site!

Lifecruiser ~ visit my site!

Writer’s Cramps II ~ visit my site!
Quilly’s Quips ~ visit my site!
… a work in progress ~ visit my site!
Ever After… My Way ~ visit my site!
Insanity Prevails~"Visit my site"
My Romantic Home~"Visit my site"
fairiebees~"Visit my site"
Exceedingly Mundane~"Visit my site"
Smokey Mountain Breakdown~ "Visit my site"
Kaliblue - Visit My Site
Just me shann - Visit My Site
Tigger Bob’s- Visit My Site
Star8278- Visit My Site
Asara Dragon- Visit My Site
A Little Piece Of Me - Visit My Site
The Rocky Mountain Retreat - Visit My Site
Scrappin…with life in this New Year of 2007 - Visit My Site
Rhonda’s Blog - Visit My Site
Skittles’ Place - Visit My Site
Cruftbucket- Visit My Site
Goldercoaster - Visit My Site
ComedyPlus - Visit My Site
eJabs- Visit My Site
UntwistedVortex - Visit My Site
The Chronicles of My Life - Visit My Site
I am Who I am - Visit My Site
WebStyle - Visit My Site
Endangered Spaces - Visit My Site
CoolAdzine for Marketers - Visit My Site
Rinsem’sRink - Visit My Site
Sean’s Ramblings - Visit My Site
MacBros Place - Visit My Site
Can’t Coach That - Visit My Site
Critical Assumption - Visit My Site
Foreign Perspectives - Visit My Site
Carl Pei - Visit My Site
Swapw - Visit My Site
Life of a School Bus Driver - Visit My Site
Tamiki - Visit My Site
Bobs’ Reformat This - Visit My Site
Shawn Knight - Visit My Site
Kelly Cho - Visit My Site
JohnChow dot com - Visit My Site
DoshDosh.com- Visit My Site
Jane May Blogs - Visit My Site
Ms. Danielle - Visit My Site
Stock Trading 101 - Visit My Site
Ed Lau - Visit My Site
Derrich.com- Visit My Site
Nate Whitehill - Visit My Site
Gary Lee - Visit My Site
MakeMoney Online with a 13-year Old - Visit My Site

~End Copying~

Comments

  1. I love the stars too!
    (Hey good luck with the move).
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shadow, I had the same fascination - still do. How old are the stars really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a lovely, lovely childhood memory you shared. I love stargazing too, especially when I'm at the beach because they seem so much brighter and clearer. Your new planetarium sounds like a great place, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the planetarium. I have a tiny telescope that I take out to look at the stars and the moon and sometimes planets, but I love going to the observatory which is pretty close to my home.

    Also, sometimes I use the telescope to spy on people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew a man who worked for NASA at one time here in the states. He took me to the observatory out at the Kennedy Space Center. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever had the opportunity to do. When I have the opportunity, I like to get as faw away from the city as possible to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have always been fascinated with astronomy. Especially the legends behind the constellations. The planetarium in our town is pathetically small. I'd love to see yours if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the universe is 15.7 billion years old or something like that so thats how old stars are (I'll have to wiki it)

    and I maybe used my telescope to spy but people should really draw their curtains!

    I'm glad I'm not the only star gazer out there

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I would recommend the Planetarium. For more information about it, you should check the website which is quite detailed.
    Note. I am not saying it is the most organised page ever though.
    Greenwich is also a nice area with green (pretty in the rain and summer), with markets that you could check out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have a telescope, but i could only see anything through it in full daylight and all i ended up looking at was people getting fillings in the dentist across the road!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted a really good telescope.. I still can't believe they closed down the plantetarium on Baker Street.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The stars are amazing:)

    Hope your good chicky...I spent my bank holiday in manchester...hihihihhi....
    enjoy the weekend.
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Planetariums are great. We have one at the Technical museum in Oslo, Norway too and I go there often. Stars are even better live though!
    Wishing you a lovely end to your week and god luck with your move:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful photo- I want to walk in the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i can see your horse head

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't even know the Planetarium on Baker Street was closed! I live not far from Greenwich, perhaps I'll visit one of these days.
    It's amazing how much more vivid the stars look when you're in the countryside, away from light pollution. Living in London, you tend to forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful picture! Isn't that the Horsehead nebula? I was totally into Astronomy as a kid... I wish I had some time for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so sweet and yes I love the stars too :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I took a history course on the history of the universe.....it was incredibly interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

How you define yourself

13. Gelateria 3BIS