13/02/2007

Back in the saddle again

I'm feeling much better so I'll be back in the office tomorrow. After over 8 days of feeling like road kill its nice to finally be able to breath again, go the fridge and feel like eating and reach the top cupboard without a wave of dizziness. Its amazing how something as simple as a cold can actually make you take a new look at life. Don't worry I haven't turned into a happy bouncy bunny rabbit (not yet) but I did find myself thinking things that were very un-falcon like.

For one I missed the office, I find it hard to live without structure and even harder to stay still. Almost collapsing every time you get up is a sure fire way to drive someone like me absolutely nuts. So there I was finally way from my evil desk, wishing I could go back! In ways this is so very very wrong.

Those who know me will be amazed that I didn't hoover my flat for a week (the idea of all that dust has been playing on my mind) but I survived.

And the third most unusual thought was - Why isn't my Mum taking care of me? To be fair she and my dad tried, they rang me everyday (sometimes twice a day) in an attempt to come over and make a fuss but I put my foot down. In my weakened state I still kept my wits about me and knew the second I let them in the door, they'd declare me half dead and bundle me off home. This was to be avoided at all costs, as we all know the only thing you want when your ill is your own bed.

These new found insanities won't last, I'm sure next week I'll be wanting a holiday from work and my folks, not to mention scrubbing the kitchen floor but for the rest of today I've got daytime TV and painkillers.

19 comments:

  1. Soooo kewl your better, but just enjoy the last bit of "rest" you can get....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, glad to see you're feeling better! Enjoy the rest though, it's few and far between!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are getting better now Pal...don't worry about the floor, health is more important ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daytime TV and painkillers sounds like a perfect afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TV and painkillers? What more do you need?

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dizzy or not, at least you can reach the top cabinet. Glad to see you feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're feeling better! Tins xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're feeling better!!!
    Nice pic btw!
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad your feeling better. I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you're feeling better! I'm sure you're rethinking that whole I want to go back to work thing by now though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I get sick, I don't like to be bothered. Just find me a place to be miserable until it blows over. Glad to hear your doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I am on leave at the mo not doing very much with myself and dreading going back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SF, glad you're feeling better, cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to hear that you're feeling better.

    Though, just so you know...daytime TV actually makes things worse. :)

    Steve~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I work from home...and while it's nice to work in pajamas...it's really hard to structure myself.

    I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woohoo! And so the fabulous falcon returns in all her fighting glory.

    Welcome back to the world! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't stress. take care of yourself, at the end of the day, that's your responsibility. However, it's good the hear you feel much better. But I'm not sure how to interpret your longing back to your officedesk. Fever still:))

    =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  18. At your site for the first time. Enjoyed.

    Healing is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am glad to hear you are doing much better! And I just looove the pics you post for your blogs. :) Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete