Thai

After having a terrible day in general both me and E needed something to cheer us up. We settled for having a lovely dinner out at a fantastic Thai restaurant.

I've been to Thailand twice and absolutely loved it. Well I love Asia in general, it has its own atmosphere that is totally other worldly. I've heard people moan about Bangkok, but I've no idea what they are on about. Its a incredible city, bursting with life and character. The place is full of history, incredible palaces, intricate markets and genuinely friendly people. Not to mention the wonderful little islands that are so peaceful, like a slice of heaven.

One of the Highlights had to be the cuisine. I have a thing for seafood and Thailand has no shortage. The cuisine is to die for and most of it is incredibly health. I developed an addiction to their chili sauce (each cafe/restaurant etc made their own fresh chili sauce and I couldn't get enough).

Just knowing that at every meal you can watch the chef/cook make everything for you totally fresh, no compromising on quality or taste. All the fish, massive prawns, broth, rice, curries and tamarind was sumptuous. OK I could yap about this all day but I better stop cos I'm getting hungry.

If you get the chance to go there, don't pass it up.

(All the photo's are scanned from our trip last year)

Comments

  1. I really want to go like now especially if you look out of the window :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to one other country--Canada. Not that that really counts. Thailand looks like a wondeful place to go. Perhaps one day I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - I went last year too. Bangkok has lots there - if you can put up with the smog ^ there's plenty and it isn't all seedy - not by a long shot. The Thai's loved my lad and showered him with kisses - he now speaks a few Thai words whenever we go to a Thai restaurant, and tries to write a few Thai letters.

    Lovely country with mystifying people. Want to go again soon! It's so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to visit there some day...and even tho it's only breakfast time here I'm dying for from chili sauce....I love everything hot...(yeah, even my food) lol..
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been there twice for shopping

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I went to Taiwan, I gained 10 pounds just off the street food. So yummy! That's even after I got a stomach bug! Good thing I caught it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, what beautiful pictures!!! I have never been.... actually I have never been across the Atlantic... or Pacific for that matter. I must get out more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures! If you ever swing by SE Asia again, I hope you get a chance to drop by the Philippines. Lots of beautiful sights here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Thailand is beautiful, beautiful beaches & charming Thai :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. My brother lives in Thailand and loves it. My parents are moving there in a few months so they can retire on the beach. Lucky bums.

    I plan on taking my family to visit within the next year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics.

    Don't think I'll be going to Thailand anytime soon though...

    NOt because it doesn't look fun, but rahter because of laziness. ;)

    Steve~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to go there! My cousin lives in China, but she really does not like it there, for the main reason that there is so much pollution and she cannot go outside at all with her 5 month old baby.
    But, as I was saying, I would love to visit that area of the world.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos. I've never been anywhere besides the States and Canada. Perhaps someday I'll be able to travel around the world and enjoy beautiful sights such as these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos. The only time I've been out of the country was a few hour trip to British Columbia -- does that even count!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to go, but it's a huge investment of time and money. So I'll just settle for the food for now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. For the longest time I thought I didn't like Thai food, but then someone dragged me to a Thai place and it was yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

13. Gelateria 3BIS

How you define yourself