Another Day Another Dawn

Greetings to you all! I trust that everyone had a nice Winter Solstice, Christmas, New Year, Eid and Hanukkah. (If I missed one, I'm sorry). My sofa and I had a wonderful week of bonding. Thank goodness January is here, we can now start the long crawl out of winter.

What I don't understand is the huge love of New Year. I personally never do anything, I don't really see the point. After all you wake up on January 1st and everything is the same as December 31st. For a few hours you might kid yourself about making a "fresh" start and keeping some promises to yourself but we all know by lunch time your reaching for the chocolate bar and wishing you didn't have to go back to work tomorrow.

***On this Day*** 1920 Science Fiction Author Issac Asimov was born

***New of the Day***
- Green Eggs and Ham? Yuk!
- Lost in Montana....
- Ever had the weird feeling you've left the gas on...

Comments

  1. Hey....Welcome back..it's good to see you again!!!!
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, and I do understand your questioning of the New Year. But I think it's a time when you reflect and try and make things better. Time to reflect and think. And where better than when climbing a mountain in the freezing cold (though I'd be lying if I wasn't thinking about the warm sofa and her comforts!).

    Hope you have the best year of your life so far!

    O.Ptimist

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmm.........chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on this shadow...the more things change the more things remain the same. I hate New Year's Eve..and the forced illusion that we are turning a page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Ms. Shadowfalcon...I suppose with the new year pple tends to get motivated to do something new and not make the same mistake in year 2006 :D

    You have a great year ahead pal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I agree that New Years is pretty silly. I mean honesly doesn't everyone have their own personal new year called a birthday? It's still a good excuse to get together with friends though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stayed in this year also. It's amateur night and I'm not too excited about being Albuquerque's next victim of a DUI.

    Hope you enjoyed this holiday season. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey welcome back! HAPPY NEW YEAR! I went to a party, but didn't have a great time. My boyfriend, my best friend, and I ended up sitting in the living room with her baby watching the ball drop on TV while everyone in the basement partied. We had stopped drinking long before that and I kept asking my boyfriend, is it midnight yet, I'm fucking tired. Hope you had a great mini vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do I have to go back to work? Where is that chocolate bar?





    www.bionicbuddha.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back!

    Well, I like New Year and I hope 2007 will be a good year for you and yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back. I didn't do anything on New Year's Eve either. I do hope this coming year is a good one for you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greetings

    Hope everyone has had a nice break as well. Returning to work can be quite depressing, but at least you have some kind of patience for stupid people on the first few days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

How you define yourself

13. Gelateria 3BIS