Snoopy

Monday was the 56th anniversary of Peanuts, but today was Snoopy's first appearance, so in celebration of this joyous event I had to write a post about my favourite cartoon canine.
You can read all about Snoopy and the rest of the Peanuts gang here.

Though his first appearance wasn't earth shattering he really is the funniest cartoon dog on the planet. Don't worry Garfield is still my hero but I have to say Snoopy and Woodstock are close on his heels. Did you know Woodstock wasn't introduced as a main character until the 1970s and and he is reluctant to eat thrown bread crumbs because he doesn't want anyone to think he's on welfare*. I like Charlie Brown too but Snoopy was always the best part of the comic and the cartoon especially when he was up to something naughty.

Comments

  1. I love Lucy. You know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to be Schultz so bad when I was growing up.

    Steve~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snoopy's sooo cool...love him! I grew up with him and the gang...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I missed the mometous occasion. I love Charlie Brown and the rest. I've even got a Charlie Brown figurine on my desk. I may have to blog about it in retrospect. Thanks for remembering!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not know that about Woodstock!

    But now, tag, you're it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy is cool, though I did have a soft spot for Linus and his blanky. Can you imagine a world without Peanuts... how awful...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

How you define yourself

13. Gelateria 3BIS