Books Books and more Books


I'm having an awful day so far and can't think of anything to post so here is my book list.

I've tried not to repeat titles...

1. ONE BOOK THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE?
The Magician Nephew - CS Lewis (its the first book I remember reading all the way to the end on my own cos I just couldn't stop reading).

2. ONE BOOK YOU HAVE READ MORE THAN ONCE?
The Age of Innocence - Edith Wharton

3. ONE BOOK YOU WOULD WANT ON A DESERT ISLAND?
Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien (my own battered copy)

4. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU LAUGH
Boy - Roald Dahl

5. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY?
The Outsiders - SE Hinton

6. ONE BOOK YOU WISH HAD BEEN WRITTEN?
I guess one of the million I've never managed to finish writing!

7. ONE BOOK YOU WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN?
None, all books, even bad one have thier place

8. ONE BOOK YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING?
I'm currently reading two books, one is Something Rotten - Jasper Ffrode

9. ONE BOOK YOU HAVE BEEN MEANING TO READ?
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay - Michael Chabon

10. ONE BOOK YOU'RE GLAD YOU OWN?
Seventh Tower - Garth Nix (its not published in the UK and a dear friend went to a lot of effort to get it for me and its fantastic).

11. ONE BOOK THAT MUST BE READ ALOUD?
The Iliad - Homer

Comments

  1. Will you come over and read The Iliad to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...Only heard of two of those books...I'll check out the others.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites is the duo "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass" by Lewis Carroll.

    I'll have to check some of these out.

    (Hi, by the by -- also left a comment on your Eddie Izzard post that explains how I came by your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Boy by Roald Dahl. In fact I think I love all of his books!
    One book I wish had never been written? I remember picking up this fantasy novel that had been lying round the house for years. It was called The Black/Dark/insert evil sounding word here Tower. It was awful. I read the first three chapters and to this day I regret sullying my mind with that filth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I could do this list, without throwing a few graphic novels on there...

    I'm not sure if this is sad..or not... ;)

    Steve~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice call about "The Magician's Nephew". I remember very clearly the first time I read the series, and I still pick them up now from time to time. They mean so much more as an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord of the Rings is always an enjoyable read. Great storytelling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had the Seventh Tower books for it seems like a million years (probably a year) and I can't get into them :( I think I'm broken.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mist - Why of course! As long as you promise to fall asleep

    Sony - I love the Alice books.

    E - I'd stripped those dark tower books from my mind, gives me the shivers just thinking about them

    Steve - I'd have to do a seperate one for graphic novels too!

    Megan - Narnia is more wonderful as an adult, I'll have to read them again now.

    Lizza - Great minds think alike

    Michelle - No! your not broken at all, it took about a million goes to read 1984 and it one of my favorite books now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

13. Gelateria 3BIS

How you define yourself