On this day

It seems today is a day of days...

September 27:
* 1821 - Mexico gains its independence from Spain.
* 1822 - Jean-François Champollion announces that he has deciphered the Rosetta stone.
* 1825 - Locomotion No. 1 hauled the first train on opening day of the Stockton and Darlington Railway, the first railway to use steam locomotives and carry passengers.
* 1905 - Albert Einstein published the article "Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy Content?", introducing the equation E=mc².
* 1998 - Google is established

After seeing this list I was tempted to stay in bed, seeing as all the really important stuff had already happened. So I got up and came to work anyway but I'm not expecting anything interesting to happen. Thus my imagination went into over time, just imagine how different the world would have been if just one of these even didn't happen...

Comments

  1. Maybe not as important, but Google is 8 today. I am a big fan of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On this day I had a stent put in my right kidney. Now I'm taking pain killers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mexican Independence! I forgot to celebrate. But I think I cooked something with beans and salsa that day, so close enough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

How you define yourself

13. Gelateria 3BIS