It seems today is a day of days...
* 1821 - Mexico gains its independence from Spain.
* 1822 - Jean-François Champollion announces that he has deciphered the Rosetta stone.
* 1825 - Locomotion No. 1 hauled the first train on opening day of the Stockton and Darlington Railway, the first railway to use steam locomotives and carry passengers.
* 1905 - Albert Einstein published the article "Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy Content?", introducing the equation E=mc².
* 1998 - Google is established
After seeing this list I was tempted to stay in bed, seeing as all the really important stuff had already happened. So I got up and came to work anyway but I'm not expecting anything interesting to happen. Thus my imagination went into over time, just imagine how different the world would have been if just one of these even didn't happen...