Animal Addicts

I was Reading this article in New Scientist the other day and I have to point out my love for animals. Apes and monkeys really are impressive aren't they? Yes I'm addicted, as soon I hear, "we now know this about dolphins" or any other animal, I have to know what it is. I can't help but watch Animal Park with sheer delight and yes every time The Discovery Channel shows another documentary on sharks I'm the one watching.

So I'm going to take a second to blog about my most favorite little animal the Red Panda. These little creatures are absolutely amazing (red more by clicking the wiki link), there is a colony of them in Whipsnade Wild Animal Park who are adorable. Unfortunately like many other amazing creatures they are endangered due to deforestation and illegal hunting.

What I fail to understand is this, most people I know love animals, but we continue to destroy their native habitats, which lead to thier extinction. Hopefully one day the environment will come before capital gain and we'll learn to stop striping the earth before there is nothing left. Until then I'm hoping creatures like the Red Panda survive.

Comments

  1. The Wiki is very good. I now know that the red panda is also known as the firefox. How interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's part of the panda family? Pretty cool looking guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the red panda, too! I have seen them at the National Zoo (in Washington, DC). OK, so a zoo is not necessarily their natural habitat, but at least many zoos also do work to help preserve animals in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are cool aren't they? It is sad to say but I have a feeling that zoos and other wildlife parks are the only way a lot of animal will avoid extinction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

How you define yourself

13. Gelateria 3BIS