And you said it was useless...

I read that people in the UK have spent Billions of pounds on time saving gadgets they never use. How is this news, Surely its a given? I mean open the 1000page Argos catalogue and there you have evidence of the sheer number of slightly useful but oh so desirable products. Apparently juice maker and coffee maker are top of the list for things we buy and never use due to current health trends and coffee shop living. A prime example of this is my mother, I love her but I've never known anyone more addicted to gadgets they don't use. She not only has a massive kitchen (at one point we have a sofa in there) but the shed as well, all full to the brim with special pots and pans ans magic devices. Before I buy and device I always check and see if my mum has one and if that fails I check with my sister (who is just as bad but with less money). So why do we do it? What is it in our brain that goes 'go on get the hand held badger gun, you know you want to'.

Comments

  1. LOL...my husband, believe it or not, used to be the same way...He'd have to have the newest whatever! I don't buy a lot of "gadgets" however, because I don't have room for them! And when I do buy them, you're right, I never use them...and I don't really want them as decorations!
    (I wish I had a kitchen that I could fit a couch in!!)
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is, but have to admit that if I had money to spare, I will have a lot of useless gadgets at home that would usually be given to my brother/sister.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some bread for my bread gun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So where can I find a hand-held badger gun?

    You know I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom has a rule, she will only order gadgets from infomercials if they are $14.95 or less. Love those Power Scissors.

    RE: The badger gun, is that an automatic?

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is why garage sales are popular in spring!



    www.bionicbuddha.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alas a real badger gun is rather boring (see google image search) but when I find a gun that fires badgers (fake one as I like badgers) I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was a kid I won a donut maker in a raffle. It was the best little kitchen gadget! The only drawback was that it only made two donuts at a time and each batch took something like 7 or 8 minutes to cook. To get a dozen donuts was a LOT of work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How you define yourself

12. Morelli's

NHS needs our support more than ever