Sunday afternoon movies

In that distant era known as childhood there was the Sunday afternoon movie, they still exsist but there is something about those classics you can't forget. My friend bought me Flight of the Navigator, I haven't seen this snice I was 8 and barely remember it but I can't wait to sit down and watch it again. It got me thinking of Escape from Witch Mountain, D.A.R.Y.L, and all those others that had bearly any budget yet we found ourselves watching and believing. But my personal favorite was The Cat from Outer Space.


This was about a Cat called Jake, who had both telephatic and telekentic powers. He crash landed on earth and needed help fixing and getting his spaceship back. Eoin refuses to believe this movie exsits and one day when its on TV again I'll force him to watch all 2 hours of its glory but until then here's the cat...

I'm very tempted to go on about some of the joy's of 80's kids adventure movies like, ET, The Goonies, Explorers, Lost Boys to mention but a few but that requires more then just a post it needs a shrine.

Comments

  1. I watched Flight of the Navigator for the first time about a year ago, it was great! I've never seen The Cat from Outer Space, but from that photo, I'm not sure I'd want to! I feel like an 80s movie weekend..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

13. Gelateria 3BIS

Things you realise