My fair lady

Its wednesday. Odin's day... I'm hating today already. I've been ill the past few days, which mean I've been reading loads and overdosesing on episodes of Angel. The only problem is that a few days away from work can make you rather introspective, for me I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. So when you come back to work, everything feels different. Apart from drowning under the mountain of work I should have done in the past few days, the people seem different. Probably my imagination, its what happened to my brain after I've read Alice Hoffman, Amy Tan and Toni Morrison back to back with a fair about of Marvel Comics to keep things real. Prehaps some "chick lit" is in order.

So yesterday in my self pitying, feeling like rubbish state I watched My Fair Lady. Instatly I got a warm feeling inside and began to feel like maybe the world isn't so awful after all...I love this film, I don't think I could ever watch a stage version because to me it could never be more perfect. I'm convinced its the cure to all woes, so I'm just going to keeping singing the soundtrack in my head, grab a hot chocolate and count away the hours.

All I want is a room somewhere

Far away from the cold night air
With one enormous chair

Oh wouldn't it be Loverly

Here's my cool link for today its all about outer space....

Comments

  1. I'm sorry you haven't been well! And I adore those outer space photos, it's the colours. Can you believe I STILL have not seen My Fair Lady? I think I rented it one time, and started to watch it, but I was pregnant and prone to falling asleep at weird times, and that was one of them! The beginning was funny, I remember that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll burn you a copy!!!!

    Those pictures are awesome, totally agree about the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

13. Gelateria 3BIS

Things you realise