Mary Poppins


It was my friend Kum's birthday on tuesday, so last nigth we went and saw Mary Poppins (I think its one of her absolute favorite musicals). If you haven't seen it on stage trust me you are missing a treat.

I was worried that it wouldn't capture the magic of the movie and how could anyone hope to be as good as Julie Andrews but this was superb!

Note they did change a few bits to be more in line with the book but that just adds to the fun. There are whole new scenes and songs. Most incrediable was the set, whoever thought of it was a genius. I don't think I've ever been more impressed by just how detailed, interesting and versertile the stage was and of course the magic bag scene still has me guessing as to how they did it.

I have to admit I in awe when she started flying and terrified when the toys came to life. Go and see it as you'll be entertained in the most delightful way.

I couldn't talk about Mary Poppins without saying Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Comments

  1. Mary Poppins actually scares the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing, the set, the orchestra, the lights, the sound, the singing and the acting was really good. Though I have to say I don't trust Mary Poppins in this production and it has nothing ot do with me liking Julie Andrews. Burt, Micheal Mr. Banks and Neleus were my favourite.

    To R & E
    Thank you for a for this magical present
    K

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

13. Gelateria 3BIS

Things you realise