Power of One

My sister-in-law, Aine came to visit last night before she heads of to Greece for 6 weeks. She's been living in Australia for the past two years so its always nice to see her when we can. Do you ever find when people go really far away for ages that when they come back it sometimes seems like no time has past? I find it comforting.

Anyways, I've been reading loads of random books recently and though some of them have been amusing (like 'Moab is my Washpot' by Stephen Fry) its been a little while snice I read something great. I fin with really amazing books you need about 10 mediocure ones before you can read another great one. So I decided to re-read 'Power of One' by Bryce Courtenay. Its the story of a little English boy growing up in South African between the 1930-50's. If you haven't read it I highly recomend it, some books you just shouldn't miss. I started yesterday but already I've fallen back into the story, there is a certain charm about the way it is written that you can't quite describe. Before you know it your there, standing next to him looking at the world through his eyes, sometimes I even forget its fictional.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NHS needs our support more than ever

13. Gelateria 3BIS

How you define yourself